Top of Foot….Major Pain

I am getting what I believe to be a cramp that does not let up on my left foot….it causes me to limp…I have not injured my foot…didn’t twist it or anything…I am trying to determine if I should see medical attention and if I need to see a particular specialist….could you please assist me in making the correct decision.

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a Podiatrist for your foot pain. If the pain or cramp has been pretty persistent or is increasing in severity then a Podiatrist can do a thorough assessment. Before you see a Doctor, I recommend trying the basic rest, ice, compression, elevation (RICE) protocol. And see if any of these initial treatments alleviate your foot pain. The more information you can provide on type of pain, what makes it worse, what makes it better and onset – the easier it is for the Doctor. Good luck!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply