knot under feet in the arch area under skin

hello Doctor,
I’m having pain under my right foot in the arch area, but not in the center of foot. I can feel the knot when i walk and it’s a little painful. it’s not a calluses, at least I don’t think it is, because it’s under the skin and not on top. can you tell me what this knot is and what can done to treat it?

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description I would start by adding in daily foot release by either rolling on a golf ball or a tennis ball.

    There are muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia all in the bottom of the foot. Without daily foot releases, this connective tissue can get sticky causing pain and dysfunction.

    After integrating foot releases for a couple weeks, if the pain persists then I would see a Podiatrist who can better evaluate you.

    I hope this helps.

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply