inner foot pain

Hi, my husband has been having some pain on the inner part of his left foot for some time now. Im not sure what the specific area is called but I will try my best to explain it. He’s experiencing a sharp pain on the muscle/tissue right under that bone next to the inner ankle bone. He says he first experienced this pain mildly over a year ago when we was working as a sales associate & he’d lean back against a wall putting pressure & all his body weight on his left foot, hours at a time. We thought it was an arch problem so we bought him a pair of those dr scholls archs that you put in your shoes but the proble still persisted. The pain has gotten worse now that time has passed even tho he no longer has a job where he’s on his feet all day. He feels pain in that area when walking or even putting a little pressure on it. Please give us some kind of diagnosis &/or treatment for his foot pain. Thank you !

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Hello and thank you for your question.

    Without examining your husband’s foot it is of course a little difficult, however it sounds like he may have what’s called posterior tibial tendonitis or tendon dysfunction (PTTD). If this is in fact what is causing your husband’s foot pain it may be partly associated with him standing long hours but it may also be due to his foot type. If you have never seen a Podiatrist for this I would recommend getting a full biomechanical examination.

    Depending on how inflamed the tendon is your husband may need to be in a walking boot or at least ankle brace for a brief period followed by possible custom orthotics and physical therapy. If your husband has not been icing the area or taking anti-inflammatories I would start with this as well.

    I hope this helps!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply