Injury to foot on 11/28/2012

My Dad is a diabetic and on Wednesday he was wearing only socks on feet. He hit is big toe and now it
is infected. He did see a Physician who gave him a shot and medicine. What type of Doctor should he see
does he need a specialist?

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Thank you for the question. All diabetics should see a Podiatrist at least once a year for an annual diabetic foot exam. Due to the negative impact diabetes can have on circulation, nerve function and healing rates – a Podiatrist plays an important role in ensuring any foot-related issues are addressed properly. If your father has not seen a Podiatrist yet for his toe infection, I would recommend seeing one. Many Podiatrists specialize in diabetic wound care which means he will be receiving the highest quality of care. Good luck!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply