heel pain

I have had a severe pain on my right heel. Not at the bottom of my foot , on the heel itself. I went to the dr and he gave me a shot of cortizone, put me in a boot, 4 weeks no improvement… went to PT still doing the exercises…. The pain is getting worse. I can’t wear a shoe that touches my heal… that was fine when it was warm weather but now 6 months later the pain is worse than ever and it is getting too cold for flip flops…. Please Help!! What kind of dr should i follow up with??

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Hello and thank you for your question. Without examining you it is difficult for me to say exactly what may be causing your pain. If your pain is not under your heel but behind your heel, this would be more of an Achilles tendonitis. If patients have chronic heel pain that is not responding to physical therapy and minimal activity, I typically will order an MRI to assess the condition of the soft tissue.

    If you have not been assessed for a more proximal instability such as in the hips and pelvis, I would include that as well. You can continue with your Podiatrist but I would see a Sports Medicine Specialist or a Chiropractor to have an assessment for pelvic stability.

    I hope this helps!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply