Foot problem

My husband broke his big toe in the past and never went to a doctor for it, now 10 years later he has a growth or something on the side of his foot just below the big toe that is causing him severe pain. He went to a doctor about it and an xray was taken, the doctor said yes it is abnormal but hasn’t said or anything about it. What should we do now? He has a hard time walking and at his work he walks up to 8 miles a day. What could be the problem?

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Hello and thank you for your question. Without examining your husband’s foot it is difficult for me to say exactly what may be causing the pain. Did the Podiatrist say if it was a bunion or related to a bunion? There are many different options for foot pain including orthotics, physical therapy and surgery. If you are unhappy with the first doctor’s diagnosis then I recommend getting a second opinion so that your husband will be able to walk pain free. Good luck!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply