Child with flat feet

My 3 year old has flat feet. Should he be seen by a podiatrist and get inserts or is that something that can wait until an older age?

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Thanks for the question. If your child complains about pain in the foot or ankle, then consult a podiatrist. It is better to consult the doctor before buying such type of inserts. A podiatrist should be able to analyze the symptoms and recommend appropriate treatments, which could include orthotics (like Aetrex Lynco) , arch-support, or simple foot exercises. Keep in mind that early detection can prevent many serious complications to other body parts such as the lower back. If there is no problem with your child’s flat feet, you need not worry.

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply