Athlete’s Foot

I go to the gym and run outside a lot and my feet tend to sweat. I’ve started to develop a lot of red skin around my toes that hurts and feels raw. The normal antifungal cream I bought is not working too well. Is this an infection? At what point should I stop treating it myself and go see a doctor?

2 Responses

  1. Foot-com

    Thank you for your question. Depending on the location of the issue, not all fungal infections are treated the same. For fungal infections between the toes you actually want to use gel-based anti-fungal medication as the gel acts as a drying agent. If you feel the fungal infection is beginning to spread or is not improving I would see a Podiatrist who can prescribe a more appropriate medication.

    Good luck!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

  2. Foot-com

    Dear guest,

    athlete’s foot isn’t really a big deal. There are many good remedies available. Often you can have a lot of effort with powders, creams etc. I think the best way is to use special cedarsoles made from antifungal cedarwood (e.g. Zederna). Just wear them and your problem is gone immediately.

    Good luck!

Leave a Reply