Athlete’s Foot

Hi Doctor. I have itching in my feet and am concerned it’s athlete’s foot from the gym. I tried medication from the store but it isn’t helping.
Do I need to see a Doctor?
Thank you!

One Response

  1. Foot-com

    Hello and thank you for your question.

    Athlete’s foot, which is a fungal infection, typically presents as scaling, redness and itching on the bottom or sides of the foot or between the toes. If you have tried over-the-counter medication and have not seen an improvement, I would recommend seeing a Podiatrist who can write a prescription for a stronger anti-fungal medication or confirm that it is in fact a fungal infection.

    In addition, I often recommend my patients use tea tree oil as this is a good alternative anti-fungal treatment. It may take up to 4 weeks for the fungal infection to resolve. I hope this helps!

    Dr. Emily Splichal
    Please be advised: we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
    By law, we cannot give specific medical advice over the Internet.

Leave a Reply